A very quick post because dear friend Derek is here and we have discovered that he (a fairly technically savvy individual) doesn’t know how to fully use and interact with this blog. So:
- On the front page you will find a bunch of entries, from most recent to less recent.
- If you want to comment on a given post, you need to click on that post’s title to get to the post’s own page.
- If you’ve followed an email notification link, you will go straight to the post’s page, so no problem there.
- Scroll to the bottom of the post to read and write comments.
- There are two ways to sign up for email notifications:
- At the bottom of the front page and each post’s page, there’s a “Subscribe” form where you can enter your name and email address. You’ll then get a confirmation email with a link you need to click to confirm your subscription.
- If you comment on a blog post, there’s an option to sign up for email updates when either (1) anyone else comments on that post and/or (2) we post new entries.
- (But note that these two ways use two different systems so you may end up getting two emails whenever we post if you sign up for both! You can unsubscribe from either method if you accidentally find you’re getting double notifications.)
- You can also see a web-map version of our blog, useful for visualizing our travels spatially, via a link at the bottom of every page, or this link here.
Hope this helps!
Looking forward: we will shortly be writing about Salento and then Medellín, where we are now. And beyond that: our next stop is Quito, then onward south through Ecuador into Peru, then to Mexico. Suggestions very welcome (in the comments 🙂 ) for these destinations!